Yes. The most common request we get for TaskRay is "How do
we create a TaskRay Task with Workflow for Professional Edition?
The answer is to use the Workflow Action "Create A New Record". So first, create your Workflow Rule conditions. Next select "Create A New Record" from the Workflow Action section.
The screenshot below shows you how to map fields from the TaskRay Project to the TaskRay Task. To do this, there are a few key things to know about Create A New Record:
- Because TaskRay Objects are all Custom Objects in your Salesforce org, you'll need to navigate to create a field set on the TaskRay Task Object. Go to Setup > Create > Objects > TaskRay Tasks > Field Sets
- Create a new Field Set and name it "Default"
- Drag and drop the fields you want listed in the Field Set that
- These fields will be populated based on values that we will get from the TaskRay Project fields.
- NOTE: Include all TaskRay Task REQUIRED fields
- Name your New Record, the select the Target Object "TaskRay Task"
- Do you see item #1 below? This is where you will select field names from your TaskRay Project. Once you select a field, the api name for that field will appear below.
- Copy and paste that value to the matching field in the lower section.
- NOTE: Because "Project" is a lookup field on the TaskRay Task Object, you cannot manually type a text value to lookup fields. Project field highlighted by arrow item #2. The field you select from the list of TaskRay Project field names TaskRay Project: TASKRAY__Project__c
- You can manually type in the desired value on Text Fields, Picklist fields and number fields. As an example, we manually input values for the items highlighted as arrow #3