Once you're ready to begin creating Co Pilot records, go "Co-Pilot tab, then click on "New Co Pilot"
Select Co-pilot delivery type:
- Global Home Page - If you choose this option, your content will appear in the areas that we call "Global Broadcasts". Most companies will use this type when they want o broadcast corporate wide messages or announcements, such as upcoming holidays, emergency messages, Quote of the Day, etc.
- Global Home Page Feed - If you choose this option, your content will appear in the area where currently use may see Tasks , Calendars and Approvals in Salesforce Classic Home Page Components.
- Global Side Bar - If you choose this option, your content will appear in the Sidebar Components area, where currently your users see "Recent Items", "the Recycle Bin", etc
- Accounts - select this option to create Co-Pilot records on the Account Object
- Contacts - select this option to create Co-Pilot records on the Contact Object
- Leads - select this option to create Co-Pilot records on the Lead Object
- Opportunities - - select this option to create Co-Pilot records on the Opportunity Object
- Cases - select this option to create Co-Pilot records on the Case Object
- All other Objects - The remaining content that you'll see in this drop down menu, will be your Salesforce objects. To create Content for Leads, select Leads. To create content on Accounts, choose accounts, etc ... In order to add the Co-Pilot functionality to your other objects, you will have had to make the updates
When you select Delivery Type = to one of your Salesforce Objects, a new picklist field as added to the page "Display Type". Here is where you define whether you want your content to be delivered as a button or as an inline page, or a Pop-up, etc.
*** NOTE: if you plan to use Co-Pilot on any other standard (that is not 1 of the 5 standard objects listed above) or a custom object, you must first go to the "Getting Started "Co-Pilot" tab in and follow the Steps at the bottom of the page. After generating the VF code, you need to go to the page layout of your custom object, and deploy the Visualforce Components just as you did above for Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities and Cases
Define the Publishing details
You have the ability to define the publish and expire dates of your content. Set these values accordingly. If there is no planned expire date, just set your "End Date" out as far as possible.
Identify your target recipients
This section allows you to select a specific Profile (or All Profiles by not selecting a single profile) and or Group and or User role to expose your content to. NOTE: The default value for each setting is All Profiles, All Groups and All Roles. You CAN NOT select multiple Profiles (other than All Profiles). If you wish to create Co Pilot content for multiple Profiles (but not all Profiles) you must create multiple Co Pilot records, and for each Co Pilot record, select 1 Profile. Use Groups if you wish to create a Co Pilot record that is assigned to multiple Roles and or multiple Groups.
Your content can be in Draft, Published, or Expired Status. Only Published content can be visible, as long as the Expire Dates are within range.
Give your content a title.
Co Pilot Content
Add you content here. Type or copy and paste content (even images) into this area. Content should appear exactly as it appears here.
Click on Save & Next and you will be taken to our Workflow Engine to Write Delivery Rules ... On this page you will define the Logic/Criteria for when content should be delivered.